View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
UFGator

Ignition/AC/Headlight/Radio Problem

Hi all,

I recently had a problem with my 2003 986 and searched around to see if anyone had a similar issue but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. The first time I turned on my car in the morning (first hot day in a while), the speakers would not work. The head unit showed its normal display and I could turn the volume knob up and down but no sound was coming out of the speakers. I parked at work and left the car for a few hours. When I started the car later that day, the speakers were working but the snowflake icon on the AC unit disappeared, and the fan was not blowing any air (I have learned that this may mean that the AC capacitor is not working?). Then when I turned the car off the key would not come out of the ignition (seems like this is a common ignition switch problem, but with all of the other issues all happening in the same day it seems like quite the coincidence since this had never happened before). I wiggled the key and it eventually left the ignition, but then the key would not go back into the ignition. I removed the ignition fuse and put it back in, and that allowed me to slide the key back in, however the headlights now do not turn on, the snowflake icon still does not come on, and it is very difficult to remove the key from the ignition. I've had the car for over a year and for all of these problems to come up all at once makes me think the issue may be electrical rather than each component being bad? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!
UFGator is offline   Reply With Quote