View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
wawa

I accept my faith, but still what you think it could be?

Hello All

Yea I accept my faith, I' m gona lost $. I was selling my 2000 Boxster S to put a cash down on my new 981 coming in the end of June. But a problem appear. I dont think anybody will cry for me, I'm still gonna have a 981. There is much worst in the world right now. But it now have a dad idle, running poorly and not steady. It's still driveable, but cannot be push it or it will cut, go, cut go. If I drive normaly, its ok, only idle strange, but dont push it.

I pass all day yesterday at my trusted mechanic (Autobahn8). He does crazy ammount of Porsche, from 356 to brand new 991 and other exotic like ferrari and Lamborghini. All to say he know is stuff.

After looking at everything around the engine, all vacuum possible, exhaust and cat, all electronic and testing with other part he keep on hand (trottle, maf etc etc). Looking at gas pressure, coil, etc etc. Nothing, he could not find where its comming from. No code.

Now he think something inside is wrong. He talk maybe about exhaust cam timing being off due to broken chain guide our worn guide or vario cam sliding. It can be a lot.

What you guy think could cause bad idle, bad response, but still drivable and not trowing code? It is just for fun, just to talk about engine trouble and educate each other

I wont drop the engine, I wont put 3000$ just to find out what and if it can be easily repair or not to be able to sell at the same price I was asking. Someone else will take the guest at half price I was asking.

Alright, go , what can be at fault?

Later Chris
wawa is offline   Reply With Quote