View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 03:23 AM   #1
brewerbry

Spark plug tubes

I am a new owner and have been lurking on the board for a while now doing research and coming up with project ideas and looking for troubleshooting tips.

I have read about spark plug tube removal by many members and tried to do it this past weekend without success. I used the rubber expansion mechanism to try to pull the tubes, I tried the long bolt with a washer on the end, and even fashioned a lever cap out of a pvc cap that applies pulling force straight out of the block to avoid the screwdriver prying move. The frigging tubes will not release! I can get them to turn in the block but they will not pop out!

Any other tips or tricks?

I guess I am being stubborn and want to change the tubes but it is not a huge deal since I have determined my oil leak is from the rms and not the spark plug tubes.

Info on the car - 1997 box, 33,350 miles, I am 3rd owner, previous owner is family member that put 9,000 miles on the car in 15 years. Have all service records from family member and sleep well knowing the original owner drove it 25,000 miles in the first 18 months of its life.

Car is Silver with Boxster red interior, now has underdrive pulley and entirely updated audio system. I'll post some better pics when I take some good non-phone shots but this is her first night in the new home in Illinois after the relocation from Texas..

Thx[IMG]![/IMG]

One additional bonus of Porsche ownership - you get to see this in the service bay - yes it is real!
brewerbry is offline   Reply With Quote