Thread: Worst PPI
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #16
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
I would not want to be lowballed and would not accept a lowball offer.
I would wait till a decent offer came up from somebody else. I would want my car to be in decent shape when I sold it. Tires would be decent and car would be mechanically sound.

I would encourage a prospective buyer to do a PPI but if they did not want to then fine.
G.
Totally agree. My car is never neglected to the point any common component that wears was neglected. If a PPI found anything, it would be news to me. Thus, unless the PPI said needs brakes and rotors and tires and all fluids are old, there's no reason to reduce the asking price whatsoever based on that. Prices are negotiated every day (I insisted on $500 off to sit down and sign that minute with someone else standing there wanting to drive it) but not based on any "might need" items. I knew a brake job and bearing were needed but I had already planned on refreshing everything anyway.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote