View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
RBrummer

Boxster 3.2 S Intake problem when cleaning throttle body

Decided to cleaning the throttle body and in the process of removing it, I noticed a sloppy connection in the intake system just prior to the body. Here is a description, following the air flow from filter to throttle body.

Starting at the air cleaner, past the air sensor and just before the throttle body, there is a Y that attaches to a squarish box right at the back of the engine compartment. The connector is almost the same size as the main tube and is held in place with a hose clamp. If you take the box out- it has no obvious use- it is hollow with no connection other than to the intake.

The box has the male connection and the intake Y has the female. There appears to be a compression fitting bump molded into the plastic of both male and female. The male also has a metal ring inside the connection.

It appears it was intended to be a tight connection (esp since it is in the intake upstream from the air sensor). I cannot get the two parts to mate deeply enough to get past the molded compression bumps and get a good seal before putting the clamp back on. That is the way I found it- poorly connected.

Anyone else have this problem.

Thanks
RBrummer is offline   Reply With Quote