Thread: Worst PPI
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #5
CoBeerToad

Garage
I didn't know any better. It was 2011. First P-car. Had a choice between two 97's, similar price and mileage. I couldn't get together with one of them. The one that I did get a hold of, I checked it out, gave it a test drive. Needed tires. Clutch hadn't been replaced. Car had 65k on it. I could tell tell that the owner took care of it and he had every service record from the past 10 years. Mostly standard stuff. Ignition switch, starter, regular service intervals.

I negotiated a price right there (11k. I'm not a good negotiator) and picked it up two days later.

Replaced the tires, changed the brake pads, and the clutch went out in 14 months. All was expected.

In three years, I've had the alternator go bad, the belt tensioner fell off (I know. What the hell?) When doing the clutch, I noticed the transmission mounts were both bad. I'm having lots of issues with the top not moving electrically, but I think I bent something and it is jamming up no matter what parts I replace. And now with 92k on the car, it is up in the air right now with suspension issues. (I haven't determined if it is tie rods, or control arms or both yet)

If I would have had a PPI done, I think they would have told me that I would need tires and the clutch was due.

I'm not politicking for not doing a PPI. I didn't know better and I got lucky.
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote