View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #10
Chalooch

Garage
Guys thanks for the help! I did some more research on the Discount Converter Cat and they indicated that they do not put as much precious metals in it as the OEM and that the guts are warranted for 25,000 miles. Their customer service was very nice and helpful. Not sure what the OEM is warranted for... At this price I could replace them 4 times and still not exceed the price of one OEM... Seems a little strange...
Now I've got a couple more questions. Sorry if some of these questions are element, but I’m new to working on this car. I’ve done maintenance on my Audi in the past, and have a warranty on the Boxster that just ran out. So it’s time to start getting my hands dirty.
I believe it's bank 1 that it bad because it is the P0420 cel. Can anyone confirm this and if bank 1 is on the passengers side?
Where can I purchase a used Cat?
Since the car has 4 O2 Sensors, 2 on each side that are located before and after the front cats, why do I need the second set of cats? Can I simply remove them and replace them with straight pipes to the muffler? Will this cause another fault? Not planning on doing this now, but am considering upgrading the exhaust in the future.
Is there a way to modulate the appropriate signal at that the second set of o2 sensor that will eliminate the emissions issues entirely? Obviously would only do this if I were going to track the car…
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for your help!
Chalooch is offline   Reply With Quote