View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
kingdoz

HELP Alarm Keeps going off randomly

Hi Guys,

Im in the UK and own a Porsche Boxter 1999, 2.5 and as far as i know has standard alarm fitted.

It sometimes seems to go off for no reason randomly. Sometimes 5 mins or sometimes even 2 hours after i lock the car (by pressing my top button on key and the car light up twice then hear a beep), and sometimes after 2 hours. Most times alarm is fine, but as its random im to a loss as to why its happens. Sometime it goes off so i open and lock car, then it does it again a few mins later and after a few times of unlocking and unlocking prob goes away for a while until next time...

The previous owner actually warned me to lock the compartment properly behind the hand break as it sometimes happened to him, so i always check that after alarm goes off and it seemed well and truly locked.

Is it the wind? Is it something inside my car? Am i locking it worng? Ive already spend lots of money on repairs to the car so I really dont want to spend lots more taking it into Porsche who will probably not be able to recreate the problem as it happens random and will waste my money.

This is getting to be a serious problem. Im actually considering disabling the alarm altogether as its so annoying...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Doz

Last edited by kingdoz; 03-10-2006 at 10:33 AM.
kingdoz is offline   Reply With Quote