View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #13
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
@ Blinkwatt,

Hi,

An Easy fix would be to set the Triangle upright, edges exposed, in a dish of ordinary Table Salt overnight. This will draw the Moisture out of the Triangle. Then, get some clear Silicone and with your finger, apply it into the seams and seal it off from atmosphere, it'll never cloud again. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
I'm a bit suspect of the "drawing it out" thing. I'm not saying it won't work - just wondering how.....

Condensation can basically occur because of two things. The first is natural moisture already present in the object. The second is because of moisture drawn into the object. Moisture is only drawn in after the object is heated and then cooled. The heat creates a vacuum and moisture present is then drawn in as the object is cooled.

If you can heat it up then you essentially dry it out. Seal it while it's still warm and you should be able to lock out the condensation. The other benefit of this is that condensation can not occur in a vacuum. Naturally, I have no advice as to how to safely heat the darn thing....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top

Last edited by denverpete; 03-09-2006 at 09:57 PM.
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote