View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:57 AM   #34
BFeller

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Regardless of getting a loaner or not, I am too young and my parents would drive the rental and id be in one of my parents cars regardless. Hopefully letting the In Co know that we couldve had them pay for a loaner all this time will help suggest they not be too stingy on the cars repairs, which i do belive it is good that both parties are insured by the same company so if we have issues on their in thats hurting their business with us as well.
You are not to young to get a loaner. My 19 year step son totaled a car a few months ago. The Insurance company provided a loaner and clearly stated that he would be covered while driving it.

It's not the best situation that both cars are from the same insurance company. This is when you hope that your insurance agent will be your advocate if you have problems. With separate insurance companies - if the other guys insurance company is lagging - you file the claim with yours - then your company goes after reimbursement for what they paid. Whatever happens - be honest and fair - and you'll sleep better at night.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote