View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #25
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
If the insurance company totals it out, insist on full replacement cost. Be ready with a bunch of boxster listings with similar equipment, condition, etc. You are entitled to a replacement that is equal or better than what you had. You were emotionally attached to your Boxster. do not accept their first offer, don't get short changed.

Become a VERY squeaky wheel. Tell them they are acting in bad faith.

Also don't forget you injured your lower back and may have whiplash. Even a low speed impact can cause you injury to your neck and back. It is virtually impossible for them to prove you were not injured.

Pain, suffering, emotional distress, loss of income from missing work, etc. It all adds up.

My son was read ended while he had his learners permit. It was less than a 5 mph impact and totaled the car. I went around in circles with the insurance company for a day or 2, but i the end I got above retail plus a bit for the car and then bought it back for salvage value, a few 100 bucks. Had the trunk pulled out and he drove the car for a year or so. It was an older Infiniti I-30. They first low-balled me for $2500 and by the time I was done the paid me over $4500

Then again, you are not in California lol
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 05-09-2014 at 07:30 AM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote