View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #14
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
The factory center bolt has a recess machined into it that carries an O-ring oil seal, which is a common leak point.

Green wicking Loctite is a product designed to prevent oil from walking up threaded shafts and leaking, it is not a thread locker, but a thread seal:

Loctite Green Threadlockers|Thread Wicking of Pre-Assembled Fasteners - Henkel North America

The center bolt is part of the IMS bearing assembly, and in this photo you can also see the O-ring seal:

Jeff, thank you much for the picture it clearly shows the o-ring for the center bolt, however this O-ring seems to be on the 'engine side' of the bearing, which is a side that I will not have access because my bearing cannot be removed.

On the later engines (the ones you cannot remove the bearing) does the center bolt have the O-ring on the 'transmission side' of the bearing, meaning that I will be able to replace by removing the IMS cover?

If so, would you recommend installing a Viton seal (green color, high temp), since according to the dealer they do not offer a seal for the center bolt (or the center bolt itself) unless you buy the entire cover assembly @ only $140...

Sorry for asking so many questions... thank you for your support!

Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote