View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
rdass623

if you are concerned with fuel system cleanliness, may I suggest marvel mystery oil. this stuff is great at cleaning out carbon and varnish from fuel systems. I recently purchased my boxy with under 50k on the odometer. as I was driving home from the purchase, I tripped a CEL and read it with my el-cheapo code reader. o2 sensor.... so being the diligent owner I am I ordered 4 o2 sensors. while waiting for the order to come in, I added 4oz of MMO to the gas with my refill. the idle smoothed out CEL went out and the performance increased (no dyno test, so don't ask). sometimes some of those old school remedies still work out, now I add a few ounces to the gas as a preventative measure. now I have 4 brand new 02 sensors sitting in their original packages at the house (will keep them around for when they are really needed).
rdass623 is offline   Reply With Quote