View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #19
KevinH1990

Yes - It is an Avic Z140 BH:

AVIC-Z140BH - Flagship In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display, Built-In Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, and Advanced App Mode for iPhone® 4/4S | Pioneer Electronics USA

Here's a video on using the app mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bgaY7PMx9vk

At this time, I don't have an iPhone, but I may buy one in the future. It's nice to have the option to use the App Mode.

I found a factory refurbished unit for around $500. I was originally planning to use a Kenwood DNX7140 that I bought used on Ebay, but it had a defective navigation board and I returned it to the seller. Even though switching to the Avic increased my project cost, I think I will be happier with the Z140BH in the long run.

The radio starts playing as soon as I turn the car on and the camera switches on immediately after I put the car in reverse. There is a lag before I can change the radio station or switch to another audio source, but that only lasts for about as long as it takes for me to back the car out of the garage.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 04-29-2014 at 04:10 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote