View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #8
piersman

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthservices View Post
Bypass the AOS and recheck. Put a plug in the intake side where the hose goes into the intake. reroute hose to a container or vent to atmosphere with clean rag to contain spillage or forced oil. Do not seal off this end! Drive like this a while to see if symptoms come back. This is not a fix just a way to drive car home after a AOS is busted or to test the system to see what area the oil is coming from.

Even though you may think the AOS is good this will tell you if the oil is coming from the AOS because it is forced out here due to blowby or other means.

Bypassing the AOS valve Air Oil Separator on a Porsche Boxster - YouTube
Ahhhh.. Hi HS, I thought I recognised your name, I found your thread from about 2 years ago earlier this evening, and it's what I have with mine. The symptoms are spot on and everything seems to agree:

Lots of acceleration through and out of a left hand bend, causing oil to collect at the back right hand side of engine, an overwhelmed scavenger pump not clearing oil quickly enough allowing it to get into the AOS and then up into the air intake side of things. Which would explain why the day after an episode, I get 30 secs of smoke as the oil that has seeped down into the engine overnight from the air intakes gets burned off.

Has your replaced scavenger pump continued to do the job and prevent a re-occurrence?

Is it easy enough to swap out the rear pump with the engine in the car?

I had wondered about just isolating the AOS, although I'm tempted just to replace the oil scavenger pump and then see what happens. I'm confident from your earlier thread that this is the issue. Assuming you've found it to have fixed it permanently!
piersman is offline   Reply With Quote