View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #15
KevinH1990

Finished my double din and rear camera installation project

I could not fish the wire through like kiyakubuke. I decided to run it around the carpet on top on the engine compartment and through an opening next to the end of the foam tray. Facing the front of the car, the opening is to the right of the foam tray and to the left of the center brake light.

I removed the carpet from inside the trunk and ran the wire into the rear bumper through this grommet:

This picture is taken from inside the rear trunk facing towards the rear of the car. This grommet is for feeding the driver's side license plate light wiring. I did not have to remove the spoiler to feed the wire through the grommet. My camera cable is the thicker black cable that can be seen between the red and brown wires.

The camera I used has a thin connector that is easier to fish through a small opening:

So I did not have to push something like an RCA plug through the opening. There was already a hole behind my license plate, so I did not have to drill into the bumper.

Here's how the camera looks mounted:

This is the camera that I used:

The image is sharp and it takes care of the blind spot. I'll take some photos showing the camera image and add them later.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 04-27-2014 at 09:50 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote