View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
jamesatfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosverde View Post
Sweet, enjoy the ride What other track-oriented mods do you have planned?
Thanks!

The first step is to figure out exactly what the previous owners had already installed, as there was very limited paperwork with the car in that regard. During the pre-registration inspection we discovered the car is running GT3 control arms with what appears to be stock springs, and when doing the GT3 console delete yesterday it looks like the short shifter is actually a Porsche factory unit installed by the original owner. There may be other surprises lurking as we explore further.

Beyond that, to get started I've got a Fabspeed Race exhaust on order and I'm replacing the current Michelin Pilot Sports with Yokohama A050 medium compound R-Spec tyres later in the week. I'm trying to find a pair of OEM GT3 seats, and there will be a round of dieting as I strip some sound deadening material from the cabin and remove the carpet and accessories from the two boots/trunks.

I'm also waiting for a shipping quote for a Boxster Spec fibreglass roof so I can remove the soft top and associated motors and save some weight there.
jamesatfish is offline   Reply With Quote