View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #438
rfuerst911sc

It is disturbing that Porsche does not have this headlight seal as a separate replaceable item. But as it turns out I know someone that makes aftermarket rubber seals ! He currently makes many Porsche seals for the older air cooled cars. I sent him an email asking if he would be interested in looking into making these and he said he is. But to do that he needs at the very least a small sample but preferably one complete seal. Does anyone have one they can give up for the R&D effort ? For my recently departed Porsche I had almost every seal he sells and they all fit and were of equal or better quality than OEM. I have no idea if this will come to fruition or not but it's worth a shot. I have nothing to gain from this just trying to help myself and the community. If anyone has a seal they can donate please send me a PM and we'll go from there. Should I post this anywhere else on this forum ?
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote