View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #18
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
You wanna believe this guy and his Methodology, OK, that's your right, but don't profer it here as FACT that others may act upon. And don't arbitrarily impune my knowledge and experience just because you're willing to be led down the proverbial path without any examination of the facts. I don't know which is sillier, his assertion, or your believing it...
I don't think he intended for you to take it quite so harshly and certainly I don't think that it is an affront to your depth of knowledge. Throwing paragraphs at him in defense is a little over the top.

You have a lot of knowledge and you want to share it, that's fantastic, but sometimes you can be a bit overwhelming in your demonstration of that knowledge. Even the most knowledgeable of experts can be questioned, y'know?

Sometimes anecdotal evidence is all we have to go on. This guy's experience showed that he got a 50% reduction in gas mileage when desnorkeled. It may not be very scientific, but neither are your anecdotal claims that a strut tower bar improves handling yet you continue to defend those.

This 987 owner stands by his claims; they warrant discussion.

Last edited by eslai; 03-08-2006 at 11:59 AM.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote