Thread: AutoTop DIY
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
BrokenLinkage

This is a pretty sweet write-up of a really useful mod. Appreciate your sharing it. Too bad I already went with one of the commercial units for this.

What would be a real boon to those of us living in the Florida to Texas swath of the country, would be something to help us leave our windows cracked open during the hot-as-three-hells summer, but that would roll them up during the frequent surprise rain showers. It seems that an arduino based (or other) controller that could be linked to the auto rain sensor, with maybe a switch or automatic timer (to avoid inadvertantly depleting the battery) would work. I just don't have the electronic smarts to make this happen. It might need to interface with the alarm also, if there are voltage or current sensors. Anyone up for the challenge? I would pay for this solution, and feel others would also. For six months out of the year, it is a dilemma as to whether to risk rain on the leather seats, or to bake them at 180°F, or take the time to conspicuously put a goofy partial cover over the car.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote