View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Xcellr8

Start in first gear, clutch works.

I've had the console out recently and the shift linkage looked good at the shifter - which is stock. Good idea though.

In my first post, I mentioned not being able to start the car with the car in reverse. That is, with the car in reverse, with the clutch in, when I turned the key to start the engine, the whole car was moved by the starter motor backwards. At that time the car was in a garage with no room to move forward.

Today, after bleeding the slave cylinder, I was able to put the car into first, press the clutch in, and turn the key to start the motor. The car did not move from the starter action. The car DID move as it should when I let the clutch out and if I pushed the clutch back in, the car came to rest as it should without rolling. (Reverse also worked with that method which is an improvement, so bleeding the clutch definitely helped.) By the way, the clutch grabbed near the floor on the release. Not near the driver. I think that means there is a lot of clutch material remaining. No?

So, I think the slave cylinder does work. And I think the clutch is not worn out.

It also pushes me a little more in the direction of the suggested synchros not working properly, but then again, that doesn't really explain not getting into reverse from neutral with the motor running.

Hmmmm? How about ya? Got an opinion?

Thanks,
Joe
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote