View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #5
Carl AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoyS
Went to The Dealer to check out the Cayman. Owner told me the best handling car he has ever driven. Would have gotten a test drive but the weather was crappy. My Question as I studied the info packets what is the true difference in the suspension, it looks as if its the same as the boxster. I realize there is the sport control option which can be added but in general seems as if its the same. Is there that much body twisting from the convertible top to cause this amazing difference.. hmmm

Mechanically you'll see the same set up between a Cayman and Boxster. However, because of the stiffer structure, Porsche was able to use stiffer springs and larger sway bars bigger in the Cayman application. Using the stiffer springs and larger sway bars on the 987 Boxster apparently doesn't work well on the more flexy Boxster chassis.

I'm not sure I would say there is an "amazing difference" in handling between the two models. At least with my 987 BoxsterS, the handling is fantastic. I imagine you may need to be on the track to feel the benefits of the stiffer structure. I suggest driving both cars back to back and finding out for yourself.
Carl AMG is offline   Reply With Quote