View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 AM   #7
fatmike

Dr. Colorchip...AKA..."Fingerpaint my car"...

I've used Dr. Colorchip with good results too.

As has been said, wash with Dawn (or similar) to remove all old wax. Claybar. Wash car again to remove all clay residue. Then Dr. Colorchip.

Less is more when you use Dr. Colorchip. You don't want to smear it all over the paint, just a tiny amount in the chip is all you need. I found using the smallest application brush (literally like a toothpick) and my pinky to smear was fast and worked, and I changed out my glove a few times.

If you've never used Dr. Colorchip, it's best to start on a small non-obvious area of the car. See the result, build some confidence, then take on slightly larger sections at a time.

DO NOT go smear this stuff everywhere right at the start. Believe me, it's really easy to get carried away... start small, stay small. use the minimum.

Once you know how to use the product, it's good. It's not like new paint, but it will take some obvious stone chips and make them hard to see without looking for them. It's a good product that is worth the effort.

/

Last edited by fatmike; 04-23-2014 at 02:44 AM.
fatmike is offline   Reply With Quote