View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #16
rp17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
RP - a visit to your local "Porsche performance" tuner is required. :/

Although those dynamic maps/curves are, dynamic, they most likely need tweaking for 'some' of the conditions you'd like your car to run best for. Those incl aftermarket performance exhaust systems

986, I think your right. I don't even think I ever mentioned to anyone about the Hp gains. Didn't do it for that. Now I need a trottle body and a tune? Tried my best not to go down this route but it looks like its something I will continue to fight off right now.

Jake, it is shinny with a hint of bronze, but not expensive for me. Like I said to Trimmer, I bought used from a forum member. I can clearly understand from your stand point when adding a after market exhaust to your engine and getting things that are not ordinary with what comes with the stock setup. Glad to know that Porshe put some time into making this exhaust unlike the...... well you know.

Still have my stock exhaust sitting in the garage. Don't think I can go back to it though but will hold onto it. Sorry to sound like a complainer because I do like it. Innitially didn't name my exhaust because I didn't want to come across bashing them. The race exhaust sound is incredible. I can actually hear my exhaust now just cruising around with the top down. Never saw the big idea of videos going under bridges but when I do, it freaks people out including me the first time.

So the message to other who want a louder sound, you may not even notice what I've noticed. I'm suprised actually how good I know my car now. (butt dyno was on it) But like Jake said they may not be as good as the factory performance wise. I need to do some more reading. Thanks everyone.