View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
very cool pics.

I was watching the GP and noticed that some of the grand stands were completely empty.
Are tickets prices way out of the reach of the locals?

p.s.
I may be the only one but I'm glad those kitchen blender F1 engines are gone. No loss to me. For me the ultimate engines were the F1 engines of the late early/mid 80's. The sound of Senna in a Lotus or Piquet in a Brabham lighting up Monaco qualifying made it standing room only. Actually I think the Cosworth DFV of the Jackie Stewart era were the best.

F1 has lost the plot with this run away spending. It's simply obscene. And to top it off it doesn't even give us provide us with racing that put emphasis on mechanical grip. This whole DRS gimmick is simply a way to cover that up. /rant off.

p.p.s.
Great to see Vettel getting his arse handed to him by the rookie yet again!
PL - the motorsport industry is still at its infantry here. Nothing to do with finance. Unlike us, the car culture is only starting here.

RE money. The average Shanghainese & Porsche enthusiast, do not change his IMS bearing. Never happened here LOL They simply buy another Pcar (or few) when the warranty runs out mate

F1 noise is missing and that is a huge lost for many PL. I'll have to disagree with you but F1 racing goes with the sounds of motorsport. Got to be "powerful" and it got to go right through the sternum. No more, sorry but this is shattering man

I get to watch the "start/launch" of the race right from behind the little fence you see there below, Just so I have a good "doze" of it minimum once a year. Really helps living up the sport to its best. So loud they actually close down the first row of the grand stand to keep people's little fragile ears safe.

My wife is as brave as I am!