View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #17
jdlmodelt

Garage
over revving

I can't believe the depth of lack of genuine mechanical knowledge on here. Geeze. Your engine is probably fine if there is no knocking or any other new sounds. Someone suggested bent valves? Really? Why? The fixed and adjustable timing should prevent that. Have you ever over revved any of your other non sports/performance cars? Do you think Porsche REALLY put the red line right where you could injure the engine? Sorry, I'm just dumb struck with some of the SOL, did I hurt it, etc... questions about these cars. If they are that easily damaged, then they are crap. But, I don't that that is the case. I suspect the guys at the track push it over the limits regularly and those engines are the ones that are proclaimed to last the longest. I apologize for ranting, it just feels like we are talking about over revving a Ford Pinto or something inferior. WHat kind of sports car should put someone to walking on egg shells? If its that bad go trade your porsche for a honda civic. You can't hardly hurt those engines not matter the neglect.:troll:
CHeers!
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote