View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #9
Jager

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Update-

Amazingly I ordered a new OEM AOS from Pelican on Friday with the free ground 5 day delivery and amazingly it arrived the next day, Yesterday. That's why I like to support these guys with my business. (And the DIY articles)

So I proceeded to remove and install the new one.

It took 2 hours, most of which was spent getting the clamp removed and wrenching blind as I could not see where I was going with my arm in the only opening that had a line of sight on the target bolts and camp and had to do it by feel alone.

A mini vise grip was the perfect tool for removing the bottom clamp after unscrewing only one wire harness clamp and pushing it aside.

So I started the car and ran it for a bit to clear the remaining oil in the intake and after 15 minutes in the driveway there is little smoke anymore.

I checked with the durametric and cleared all the codes.
None of the old codes came back but a new code P0507 has come on and the idle has become erratic and after reving the engine it overshoots the min idle setting and stalls. The erratic idle started right after I cleared the codes.

No other codes, no warning lights, no smoke, just the erratic idle and P0507 code.

I'm beginning to wonder if in pulling on a few cable trying to get the new AOS in place I might have dislodged something.

Anyone know where this "Idle Air Control" unit might be?
Do you have a Bentley manual? Page 24-2 shows location. It's attached to the side of the Throttle Body housing. Make sure your electrical connection to the throttle body is good? Did you clean the throttle body?

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote