View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Benjamin

Garage
It's not much of an update at this point, but a few people asked me to keep this thread updated as to how the DOF is working out. I finally had some time to button everything back up and got it back on 4 wheels last night. I took it out for a 20 mile shake down today and everything is working as expected. I don't notice any difference in how it acts or runs, but I wasn't expecting to. I was only brought to swear words twice during reassembly, once while trying to get the air intake tube reinstalled as there isn't really a good angle for getting at it, and the other time when trying to get the slave cylinder compressed and attempting to get the two holes lined up and the bolt started.

Unrelated to this thread, I also replaced the fuel filter and, if you have done one before, I'm sure you have also said to yourself "how much is IN there??" and "there's MORE??" I'm guessing that not only the filter drains, but the entire fuel rail system also drains. Also, it shifts much better now. I don't know if it is because the slave cylinder bolt was about a half a turn from falling out, because I changed to Swepco 201 instead of the cheapo stuff that the PO had put it, or a combination of the two. At any rate, I'm really happy after day 1 back on the road. I will keep this updated if any new info comes up.

Benjamin