View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #13
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate50 View Post
Automotion sells the gasket & nuts for pretty cheap separately. I bought them when I purchased a crest off eBay myself. Some of those crests are really nice considering they aren't OEM.
nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
I've just finished CNC'ing a front grille badge in "pure gold" for my mate's Maserati GT show car (not a DD!). Cheap cheap mate.... $1,400 and you get to keep the machining chips (dust) as souvenir

Are you game PL? Got the 3D model ready here for you if you decide to invest on your hood a little
I could do white gold or platinum. But we would have to figure out a way to electrify it in case of theft. Or perhaps rig it to an exploding dye pack.
This would easily exceed the cost of my first car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
That price is sweet. But I'm not partial to gold anything. I've been wanting to switch to a silver crest (like on the steering wheel) for some time but I'm a cheap skate sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
A lot (well relatively) on Rennlist seem to be using these:

Porsche Refinished Silver Cerakote Semi Flat Hood Crest Emblem Badge | eBay

The last few on eBay haven't sold so you could probably get one for $99. if you have a ciore to exchange I think you get $25 back. My boxster is Ocean Blue and my steering wheel airbag emblem is silver, so I am thinking about getting one. I really like the brushed nickel one (not shown in this auction) but it is more expensive...

Steve
Yeah that would look nice on a dark colored car for sure. On a lighter color car I think I'd want some of the red bars in there at least.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote