View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #7
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
Did my brakes last year - Zimmerman rotors, not drilled or slotted, Brembo pads on the front, Textars on the rear

No squeak, squeal, or any other noise ever. I used the anti-squeal pads that Pelican used to sell, but apparently no longer carry. I'm sure they must be available somewhere else. I broke them in as per directions in some thread in the forum, can't remember which one. Basically, it was a series of long slow stops with medium pressure from increasing speeds, allowing the rotors/pads to cool in between stops. Did about 10 or 12 of these if I remember right. Avoided hard braking/sudden stops for the first couple of weeks. Seems to have worked for me.

No 7th round stoppage either!
I load for mine and have to weed out loose clips. That and a spring kit. Runs sweet. Got the mil spec loads down very well for different weights. That, the carbine, and the 03A3 are my favorites at the range or in the desert. PING!!!
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote