View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #5
kiyakubuke

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
I've used it. I think mine broke on the console side. If I recall correctly, I had to drill two holes into the console and then rivet a new hinge into it. It is not too difficult. If you don't have a rivet gun, Harbor Freight sells them for about $12.

If you will drive to Richmond and run the rear camera wire into my trunk, I'll install the hinge repair kit for you in exchange.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/51283-does-anyone-know-vss-wire-02-bose.html
lol, 9 hours is a bit of a drive. I was actually up that way last month on my way to DC though.
I used a fish tape wire puller (Amazon.com: 50 FT Fish Tape with High Impact Case for Electric or Communication Wire Puller: Home Improvement) to pull both the RCA cable for video and an electrical wire to connect to the back up light (couldn't find the wire under the seat). there was a bundle of wires that runs over the drivers side rear wheel hub (US).

once you fish that wire through that bundle it comes out near the rear light assembly. was tricky getting it started, but once I did it slid through easily and pulled the wires back easily.
kiyakubuke is offline   Reply With Quote