View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #10
Muzzle of Bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlisabadman986 View Post
I've seen a few threads about people replacing their convertible tops and after looking through them I've decided that's a project i'm not interested in undertaking.

my top is in pretty good shape, i was told it was recently replaced when I bought my 01 base three years ago. My concern is that I have noticed a problem area. There is one small area where the plastic is tearing away from the rest of the top. It seems its being damaged by the motion of the convertible going down. The plastic is crimping and causing damage where it folds.

It Does'nt look so bad here

but...
Here is a close up where it is beginning to tear

Here is a picture of the plastic folding

So what I would like to know is if anyone has any idea's or suggestions on how to prevent this from getting any worse?

I was also wondering, what shape is your top in? Have you considered replacing it? If you have replaced it how bad was it before?
Mine just cracked also. I dropped the top right near 50ish degrees and a heard it crack. It cracked in several places, in the middle of the window and near the stitching. I used E6000 to seal it. I just did the repair last week and it appears to be working. I will replace top eventually, it is not a priority for me right at the moment. For now E6000 will have to do.