View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #16
runjmc2

Miles is certainly not the best indicator, but I would consider 130K mi as high mileage and given other options would avoid it. If you can hook it up to a durametric you can see how many hours and overrevs. This can be done without using one of the 3 VINs....e.g. if you know someone with one they can tell you without a "cost."

When I read between the lines on the comments made by the experts and the FACT that Porsche agreed to a limit of 130,000 miles in the IMS settlement, I believe the general life expectancy of a Boxster engine is around 130,000 miles.

I'm sure everyone will jump on this statement and tell the story of the one with 200,000, 250,000, and 300,000+ miles but if you are playing the odds, I believe 130,000 miles is a good figure for average engine life expectancy. To me it's like average life expectancy. If it's 78, someone will tell you about the lady that is 110...but I'm not betting on living to 110.

If the price is right, I would go in knowing it is likely a year or two car (assuming you drive it) and then either it's a roller to see or a project to ad your next engine into
runjmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote