View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Dlirium

Garage
Aftermarket Intake Discussion

Did some searching and didn't find too much on the topic, so I though I'd see what people had done. I found a few options ranging from de-snorkeling to full replacement. For our convenience, they are:

1) De-Snorkel. That's been hashed to death, so I'd prefer not to discuss here

2) Air Filter upgrade (aFe, K&N, etc). Some claim MAF problems with the higher airflow of these filters. I am currently running an K&N with no ill effect. (33-2773 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter direct from K&N)

3) "Super Stock" upgrade that replaces the intake track to smooth airflow out. Such as aFe's product (aFe Super Stock Intake System for Porsche Boxster). Air box is not replaced. HUGE claims of 14hp increases.

4) Full replacement with a cold-air system such as Fabspeed's intake (Fabspeed Porsche 986 Boxster/S Cold Air Intake). Modest HP increase of 7hp claimed.

So, would love to get your thoughts and experiences with these!
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote