View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
BIGJake111

Garage
I feel the real era cut off for Porsche isnt actually the 9X6 cars and maybe not even the 9X7.... but with the new screens in the dials, posh interior and such of the 9X1 and even the cars shutting off at red lights.... Our cars are still pre GT/luxury Porsche. Porsche makes great cars today but they are a different breed... once the 4 cylinder boxster comes out next go around with either turbos or electric attracted to it they split in species will be complete.

There is Pre-911 Porsche. Then there is Air cooled Porsche.. Then there will be the water cooled analog cars. Then the modern Porsches with electrics out the wazoo and so forth.

With 986s being as cheap as they are now, expect many to be brought far from stock or wrecked, people treat the 2.5 cars as nothing right now, buy one and make it a track car, buy another and dump a 3.7 in it. Buy one more for good measure and beat the heck out of it, not to mention so many died from IMS and maybe people buy them cheap and can not care for the maintenance causing the cars to rot in yards.... I do not condone any of these and would like to do a fair share myself, but really not THAT many 986s were made, with less and less around and it being the start of the analog watercolor cars, the begging of the end of sports car only Porsche, a modern representation of the 550 and 718, and lastly the begging of a legacy for a car that is no longer "a girls car" many people would say that the 981 is Porsches true sports car with the 991 being a status symbol, louis vaton holder. I don't think 986s should currently go for more than 15k unless its a low miles S, but give the car a bit of time. Our cars may not appreciate alot but we are at the bottom of the curve now, 5 years and they will be up a few grand, 10 years anywhere from still a few to being up 20 from what the respected car is worth today.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote