View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:03 AM   #9
Benjamin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
It may be loctite applied too generously on the bolts and it seeped into the area between the flanges.
I don't believe those bolts are supposed to have loctite on them. That's not to say someone didn't use it somewhere along the way, but I see the same residue on this picture from Pedro's tutorial:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Congratulations on getting this done! I always love hearing about how folks worked through a tough issue and figured it out. Cars really are a work in progress.
Thanks Eric. I can't count the number of threads where someone has asked a question, received a couple different answers, and then they never follow up to report what actually worked or didn't work. I always try to complete mine, even if I ask a question that gets no response and I figure it out for myself. If someone ever searches for that topic, they get both the question and answer. There are times in non-Porsche forums where I asked and answered my own question, and then referred back to it several months or years later because I couldn't remember how I had done it.

I'm really pleased with how this whole group of projects is going (IMS bearing, DOF, axle boots, oil, trans oil, stereo upgrade). Pretty much everything has gone according to plan. Nothing broken when removing, nothing stuck, no stripped bolts. I have ended up spending the time to remove a few more components than probably absolutely necessary such as the rear bumper, air intake tube, side heat shields, cats, but they all came off without incident and have made life so much easier. Some of the parts have been delayed in shipment which at first was frustrating, but in retrospect I see that it has given me extra time to be very meticulous with everything and not cutting corners by being in a rush.