Thread: 137 mph
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #12
spgribben007

quote:
ephidaboost, a few months ago, these types of posts were eliminated due to stong feelings about legal driving speeds and sensitivities to forum members that have lost friends and loved ones to accidents.

I really don't get it.

Each one of us has a true sports car where we are constantly talking about how to increase performance, what kind of radar detector to buy, how to push our "Porsches" quicker from a red light and even many stories of how we have beaten or tried to beat other sport cars. I think a typical person who owns a Porsche respects the car limits and takes it in consideration when driving. I'm personally not a driver who will put any other person including myself in harms way but I do own a radar detector and on a open highway I will have some excitement. There are certain topics that I don't have any interest in reading, so I don't.

I'm sorry for anyone who has had love ones injured or kill in car incidents (I've lost two friends) but don't censor sports car related topics. I really enjoy this forum and I will continue to read the posts. Since this forum likes polls, maybe we should open this to everyone. Just a thought...