Thread: Would you?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
husker boxster

Keep in mind that a good portion of the membership will freak out at a fresh rock chip, so asking if they'd buy a rebuilder may result in tainted answers.
Porschebound has given you a very good ballpark estimate. Mark_T's advice is spot on. My advice is how comfortable are you with a rebuilder? If you've done them before and had good luck, then by all means go for it. I'm a bit concerned that you'll have to have the work done for you. Then you need to find a quality shop to do the repair and it will cost you more. If you were able to do the work, then you could cross off the labor expense and you'd save some money. And how long do you plan to keep it? The longer you keep it, the easier it will be to sell it. But keep in mind when you go to sell it that you'll have to discount it. Many buyers won't even look at it if it's had a major repair. As I stated at the beginning, Porsche owners can be very particular. If you plan to repair it and then drive it for years to come, then you don't need to consider resale, but it's wise to look down the road a few yrs.

A 2003 is a good model to buy since it has desirable options like a glass rear window and a glove box.

It would be good if you can obtain a pic with the hood open and we can see if there's obvious damage to the inner construction.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote