View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 04:27 AM   #8
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
It's one of two reasons that Facebook stock will leave a lot of people wishing they'd bought FB stock while it was still under $400 ( and probably even higher). The other being whatsapp. Those two acquisitions will make the once very douchey Mark Zuckerberg the wealthiest guy in the world beforw his 40th birthday. Whatsapp cost the Verizons and AT&T's $30bn while operating out of an old tuxedo shop by charging nearly nothing while our phone carriers were taking us to the cleaners. First they lost long distance, now they've lost text to whatsapp, leaving with only data which they must compete for with more prevalent free wifi.

Instagram is a brilliant amputation of Facebook's most addictive element, the personal private pictures of others that the human instinct to ignore words and fixate on images. It's like cutting out the main course at Peter Luger's and selling it out of a taco stand. Nobody's going to bother spending all this extra time and money getting spied on just to have the main course inside the restaurant. Facebook had no choice but to pay billions to buy Instagram. Meanwhile FB has only begun to peel the onion in ad revenue. At some point very soon a major corporation will not be able to plan a major ad campaign without putting money into Google or Facebook's wallet. They will have all of our stuff plugged into their data vault. They'll be making trillions without having to sell a thing. The money will just teleport right into their back pockets.
And I chose boilers.......

I want to make trillions too.......
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote