View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
Kyle2112

Box runs for 20mins then dies

Hello group, I’m looking for a little help with this problem. A week ago I drove the Boxster 16 miles and when I stopped at the light it died. Pushed the car to the side of the road and tried to restart and no luck. After trying a few more times the battery went dead. I’ve been meaning to replace the battery anyways so I got a tow home and just for the heck of it I had the tow’er jump the car and it started right up. I replaced the battery and drove it to work (5mins away) and no problems. It was idling a little rough so I cleaned the throttle body. I started it up let it run for about 10 mins or so and then took it out for a spin. Ran great the throttle was more responsive and no hunting idle. I pulled up to the stop sign and it died. I walked home and came back two hours later. It started right up and I drove it home. In the driveway it will do the same thing. Start it up , run for twenty mins then just die. I took the alternator out today and had it checked and all tests pass. It has not thrown any codes. I’m attaching a snapshot of the last 15mins of the car running right before it died. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Kyle2112 is offline   Reply With Quote