View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 05:27 AM   #7
kiyakubuke

Garage
back up camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
I'll probably be installing the unit in the car next weekend. So I haven't arrived at the point where I need to fit the harness. I'm thinking of soldering the wires between the AVIC harnesses and the Euromotor Speed kit. That may cut down on some of the bulk in the harness versus using bullet connectors.

I installed a single DIN Traffic Pro navigation unit a few years ago, and I was able to fit the navigation antenna in the factory spot. I'm hoping that the connector from the Traffic Pro antenna fits and works in the Pioneer unit. I'm not looking forward to doing it again.

I'm installing a back up camera, so I have quite a bit of work ahead of me to run the cable for that. I also have to relocate the HVAC controls to a lower spot. I take my time when I work, so it may require more than a day.
I'm getting ready to install a camera in my '01. where did you connect the reverse gear signal to the head unit? in my truck I had run a wire all the way to the reverse lamps, hoping to avoid that here.
kiyakubuke is offline   Reply With Quote