View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
Carl AMG

Racing Dynamics 987 Front Strut Brace Installed

I just installed the Racing Dynamics front strut brace on my '06 Boxster S. Easy installation; only took about 30 minutes or so start to finish including adjusting the width and tightening the allen head bolts in the adjustable joints of the bar. A 13mm deep socket works well to loosen the strut nuts and you will need two allen heads wrenchs to tighten the joints of the bar once the bar is positioned on the strut top bolts and cinched down.

It all fits under the plastic side cowlings and battery cover so you don't see it when the covers are back on the car. It seems like a very nice quality product. No complaints other than the fact that it costs $300 bucks.

I test drove the car but probably did not get near the limit to see the ultimate performance benefits that this modification offers. I suspect I will benefit most when my R compounds go on the car for the autocross or track days. I did feel like I was experiencing less cowl shake when I was driving with PASM in sport mode on some choppy pavement. Theoretically, I can't see how this mod wouldn't help a convertible even it is a very stiff convertible.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance to get them off of my camera.
Carl AMG is offline   Reply With Quote