View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #9
Dlirium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
The tool uses a venturi system to create a vacuum and remove all the air from your cooling system (after you have drained it and closed it back up again). Once done, the gauge tells you if the system can maintain this vacuum (checks for leaks). You then disconnect from the compressor and put the fill tube in your bucket of coolant and the vacuum in the system sucks all the coolant back in. There is no air trapped if you have properly maintained vacuum conditions.

It's really quite impressive how well it works, and it completely eliminates the need to "burp" the system.

I have the actual Uview Airlift tool, not a knock-off, and can only speak for the results I obtained with this tool. I also have a decent air compressor (Dewalt 1.6hp, 15 gal tank rated for 200 psi, 5.0 CFM @ 90psi)
This?

http://www.amazon.com/UView-550000-Airlift-Cooling-Checker/dp/B0002SRH5G
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote