View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #16
986_inquiry
2006 987

Garage
GM is going to need a lot more biased reviews to convince people to spend $75,000 on a Camaro

Maybe that's the point? Make a camaro that costs more than a corvette so they can make ridiculous claims about it because no one will ever buy it anyway

Kinda wish they would have fudged the numbers more to make it less obvious, or maybe they wanted to be caught? I mean you can't fudge 0-60 or quarter too badly since that's easy to test, but to put that the Porsche was faster around every corner and then say it was slower overall is absurd. They could have just claimed the camaro was a mph faster around each turn and no one could question the lower overall time because no one could repeat their test exactly. Is that motor trends call for help that GM made them fudge the overall time?

I also love how GM keeps saying the z28 did the ring in 7:37... IN THE RAIN! Emphasis theirs. Seriously GM couldn't wait for a dry day? Everyone else manages. was the 0-60 in 4.0 .... IN THE RAIN! I'm willing to bet GM can wait for a dry day and did many runs on the ring but couldn't manage a better time. They also often forget to mention the ac, stereo system and all sound deadening materials was removed from the z28 to do the test, because I'm sure many people are buying $75,000 camaros with no ac or radio yes I know z28 suppose to be a track car blah blah, but seriously run the car with what it comes with, otherwise the numbers are lies and every manufacture could run stripped down cars for every test, just shows you what GM is capable of to get good numbers, surprised they didn't replace the glass with plexiglass and carbon fiber hood and trunk, after all it's a track car right? .... Or maybe they did, and by saying "oh we got this time by ripping out radio and sound deadening" they don't have to worry about being caught lying because they know no one is going to rip that out of their personal $75,000 camaro