View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
KevinH1990

I'll probably be installing the unit in the car next weekend. So I haven't arrived at the point where I need to fit the harness. I'm thinking of soldering the wires between the AVIC harnesses and the Euromotor Speed kit. That may cut down on some of the bulk in the harness versus using bullet connectors.

I installed a single DIN Traffic Pro navigation unit a few years ago, and I was able to fit the navigation antenna in the factory spot. I'm hoping that the connector from the Traffic Pro antenna fits and works in the Pioneer unit. I'm not looking forward to doing it again.

I'm installing a back up camera, so I have quite a bit of work ahead of me to run the cable for that. I also have to relocate the HVAC controls to a lower spot. I take my time when I work, so it may require more than a day.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote