View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #16
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vthakka View Post
Thanks Davev and everyone. I am going to take your advice and look for other models/options and see if I can get something. But should I expect the IMS expense on everyone even the 2003 with 67K miles on it this one is in mint condition and has a very good record the only problem is its for $13500
What I am assuming is that you think ims is mandatory. Rather it is not so much optional but preventative, this means arguably it has to be done. But not as soon as you buy the car. Monitor oil filters at frequent oil changes for metal shavings. If you find any you need a bearing, if the car needs a clutch, might as well go for a bearing. If the car is running fine and you are putting the right oil in the car and changing it around every 3 to 5k miles you are fine. More info is the 1997 to "2001.?" Cars have a less likely to fail bearing, while later 01 to 2009 cars are more likely. The benefit of a 2000 is a bigger engine and of an 03 is a glass top and new lights. Some find the 2.5 slow others find it the most like a classic light weight low HP fun porsche. Suggestion is look for a 98 99 or 2000 with less than 85k miles and has been well cared for. Also ask if the cars water pump has been replaced because it is very likely to fail from 70k to 100k.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote