View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #12
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vthakka View Post
Hey Davev is there anything in particular that I should look for when I test drive it tomorrow. I plan to buy it and take it straight to the mechanic for the IMS/RMS and clutch repair will probably even change the serpentine belt.
Is there anything else you would suggest?
Wait the car still needs the IMS? Make sure you are aware of the costs of this. Also the fact that you think a heated garage means the engine would be a running temp means that maybe more research is necessary for you. I am a young owner of one of these cars, possibly the youngest on the forum and i would have made many mistakes with this car if it wasnt for research before hand and listening to others here on the forum. I wouldn't have known a lick about running temp myself a year ago. Point is these cars are proper European sports cars, this means expect them to be just as fragile and expensive to repair. Take some time to research and also wait on the right car to come onto the market. Biggest mistake would be rushing into the wrong boxster.... wish you luck with your search.

Last edited by BIGJake111; 03-21-2014 at 05:35 PM.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote