View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
polkfarmboy

Think I need a MAF, is ebay good for buying them?

Hi guys, well I got my boxster a while back after my sarcastic posts before buying. Now that I have it I am in love with driving. I feel like I am sitting dead center of the car and its a real extension of my will.

Yesterday I pulled into the garage and saw the orange light to check the engine. It was solid and I quickly ran in the house and flipped the laptop open and went straight to reading the posts here on this wonderfully informative forum.

After reading posts from Johny Danger etc it seems like it would be a good thing to replace the MAF sensor first before going to my local very expensive porsche dealership as all the townys round these here parts say its 'dang expensive'

Well I went to the auto store to use the code reader and that fuse seems to be blown as the ciggy lighter dont work either and was told they are connected. They quoted me $230 for the MAF sensor but I looked on ebay and they are really cheap.

My question is' are the maf sensors fs on the bay any good? Should I buy a can of maf sensor cleaner and try that?

Anyone know where the fuse is located that is linked to the cig lighter and code reader ?

I was having soooooo much fun you guys and now this has happened so if there is any advice I really appreciate it.
polkfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote