View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
markskyline

Garage
Throttle cutting out at 4000 rpm ~ Help!

I consistently get these codes even after I had my local shop replace my complete throttle body. A shop said that my DME is the problem. My regular shop said it was the throttle body so they replaced it and didn't change anything.

P1506: Porsche fault code 413 - Throttle adjuster
P0121: Porsche fault code 117 - Throttle valva Signal implausible
P1122: Porsche fault code 431 - Throttle position sensor Signal implausible
P0507: Porsche fault code 32 - Idle air control system exceeds limit value
P1121: Porsche fault code 430 - Throttle position sensor Signal implausible

On my last fault code check it also showed:
P1504: Porsche fault code 410 - DVE fault: necessary intake air position Signal implausible

When I clear the fault codes, these 3 pop up immediately:
P0121: Porsche fault code 117 - Throttle valve Signal implausible
P1122: Porsche fault code 431 - Throttle position sensor Signal implausible
P1121: Porsche fault code 430 - Throttle position sensor Signal implausible

When I accelerate to 4000 rpm (in any gear, tiptronic regardless if I shift manually or not) the throttle will cut out but the engine will still be running. I then put the car in neutral and start the car again and the throttle comes back. If I don't clear the codes the car's idle will eventually become erratic and fluctuate up to 2k and then back down to 800. If I clear the fault codes the idle goes back to normal. As a side note, after clearing the codes it sometimes runs perfectly esp from a cold start. The problem will eventually come back after 15 minutes or so.

In my research I found someone with a similar throttle cut out problem and he said it was a MAF ground problem. I've checked the connection at the MAF and at the DME and it seems ok. I've opened the DME to see if there's anything out of the ordinary and all the components look ok as well.

Any advice would be totally appreciated. I'm at my wits end trying to fix this. I'm really trying not to bring this to the dealer but although drivable under 4000 rpm, I'd really like to have the throttle issues resolved.
markskyline is offline   Reply With Quote