View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc2050 View Post
Nebraska. No front plate. Never been pulled over. Of course, I'm an old fart and drive conservatively in town.
Don't drive the Hwy 275 Fremont bypass on a Sunday. There's a State Patrolman who watches that stretch like a hawk. In different yrs he's pulled me over with my LE, my 07 CS, and 08 CSS. The first two were fix-it tickets, the last one a $73 ticket. He mentioned something about me having a hard time displaying my front plates.

During the day, OPD could care less if you have a plate. Since I've been pulled over at night for rolling a stop sign and making a left turn into a right lane, I'm sure they'd use no front plate as an excuse to pull you over at night. I was pulled over by a State Patrolman in my 01S for no front plate but that was during a late night celebration during Omaha's Nationwide golf tournament. In all 3 cases they were fishing for drunks.

I was also pulled over near Fremont in 1985 driving my brother's '83 Turbo T-Bird. You guessed it - no front plate. Don't think it was the same Patrolman who got me the last 3 times. I bet the satellites were working overtime printing out my rap sheet the last time I got caught.

Am I a scofflaw?
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 03-16-2014 at 04:17 PM.
husker boxster is online now   Reply With Quote